It's happened to all of us. You get this brilliant idea for a new book, or you've been struggling to fix a difficult plot point in your current WIP.
And then it comes to you! You've figured it all out and know exactly what to do! YAY!
Except, you're in a position that doesn't exactly allow you to abandon ship and snatch up your computer, or even paper, to jot it all down.
Below are 7 examples of true places I've had ideas to either fix a WIP, or for a new one, and there was absolutely nothing I could do to get the ideas out.
1. Driving. And usually when this happens, it's some insanely long trip where I won't be getting out of the car for hours.
2. In the shower. With soap all over my face and shampoo all over my hair.
3. Right in the middle of a long run or workout.
4. Rocking the baby to sleep. For hours.
5. At a wedding.
6. Girl's Night Out. (aka the night your friends forbid you to even talk about writing since you avoid them most of the year to write)
7. The minute your head hits the pillow.
Janeal Falor had another worst moment that she shared in the comments. Thanks so much, Janeal!
8. At the park with the kids. I've totally been there as well.
How about you? What are the worst times a new idea comes to you? Post them in the comments below, and I'll add it to the post.