Thursday, March 8, 2012

The YA Spill (#2)

  

Welcome to the second installment of The YA Spill! You're probably wondering what The YA Spill is, right? 

The YA Spill is going to be a weekly (I hope) meme or sorts where I'll have Q&A with YA book bloggers. As a founding member of a YA book blog, I've had the pleasure of getting to know many bloggers and even though I've stepped back from blogging in that capacity as often, I'm still a huge fan of reading YA book blogs and love hearing the blogger's opinions on the hottest books out there. 

So each week I'll be spotlighting two or three YA book bloggers with a few questions on what they're currently loving and can't wait to read next. If you're a YA book blogger, and you'd like to participate in The YA Spill, please email me at cindythomaswrites (@) gmail (dot) com. 

 Please welcome this week's awesome participants:

Yara from Once Upon a Twilight  



What is the most recent book that you've read and loved? 

I just finished reading about a week ago, Julie Kagawa's new book in her new series. The book is called The Immortal Rules and its part of Blood of Eden series. I was extremely excited to get it and be able to read it. This book was Fantastic, which I'm not to surprised since I loved Julie's iron Fey series. 

What book recently surprised you?
 
I will probably say Lisa T. Bergren series The River of Time. I just finished the 3rd installment called Torrent not to long ago. This series is a historical romance and honestly the genre is not at the top of my list. So when I began reading the series and fell in love with it immediately, it completely surprised me. 

What types of books do you wish there were more of?
Well what I love is paranormal and I think we have plenty of choosing in that genre and a new genre I have grown very fond of is Dystopian which also seems to be producing tons of books too. So really I think Im pretty set for now as far as what I want more of. Now if the questions was what author do I want more book published from then I could go on and on. 

What book comes out soon that you can't wait to get your hands on?

I was lucky to get a few at ALA Midwinter when I attended and a few directly from the publishers except for one I really wanted. The one title I have not received and would probably do just about anything to get my hands on would be Insurgent by Veronica Roth, which is the sequel to Divergent.

Andrea from Reading Lark



What is the most recent book that you've read and loved?

The Calling by Kelley Armstrong - This is book #2 in the Darkness Rising series and comes out in April. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC from the publisher. I couldn't put this one down. I love Armstrong's writing style. The plot, characters, universe - it's all amazing.

What book recently surprised you?

I am currently reading an adult novel, The Baker's Daughter by Sarah McCoy. I am finding it to be surprising because I am learning things about Nazi Germany that I never knew and also being forced to consider another side to the current illegal immigration issue in the United States. This book is told in an interesting format and calls attention to some pretty important social issues. It has taken me by surprise - in the best possible way.

What types of books do you wish there were more of?

I am a paranormal junkie, but I find that there is a real lack of uniqueness in that area these days. I'm tired of angels, werewolves, and vampires. Yes, shocking, I know. I want to see either those creatures in a completely new universe OR see something new entirely. There are so many fascinating supernatural beings and so many awesome stories from myths and legends. I just want a book that can transport me into a world that I don't want to leave. I haven't truly been able to recreate that since the first time I read the Twilight Saga. Those books weren't the most well written, but there was something addictive lying between those pages. I loved to spend my spare moments of free time in that world with those characters. I want that experience again. After all that blabbering I suppose if I must choose something more specific, I'm longing for a good ghost story. Its been awhile since I've been captivated by one of those.

What book comes out soon that you can't wait to get your hands on?

There are so many good ones coming out soon. This is a really hard question! I suppose if pressed that I would say Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr.

Thank you so much for joining me, Andrea & Yara! 

3 comments:

  1. I want on! Oh, and love you girls. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabrielle, just shoot me an email and I'll schedule you. And we love you too!

    Also, I love that three out of the 4 bloggers have randomly chosen THE IMMORTAL RULES as their newest favorite. Gotta love Julie Kagawa!

    ReplyDelete