Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Road Trip Wednesday: Words to Love By


Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments on YA Highway, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

You can participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link - or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments.

This Week's Topic

What words do you absolutely hate? Which ones do you adore?

When it comes to writing, there are several words that are outside my comfort zone. Hate is something a strong word, so I'm going to go with dislike. 

Dislike List

Douche (although, I sometimes do laugh when others use this!)
Awesomesauce (is this one or two words? Either way, I'm not crazy about it.)
Sexting 
Fart 
Pu**y (you know the one)
Fa**ot  (you know the one)

Love List

Hubris 
Craptastic
Forever
Delicious 
Acrid 
Sapphire
Cake
Serenity 
Infinite 
Chortle 
Exemplary 
Amazing
Yes
Billowing 

 

9 comments:

  1. Douche. Yeah. I hate that song "Blinded by the Light" by Mannfred Mann ("revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night") because, you know. Douche.

    Also the song "Summer Breeze" by Seals & Croft because, you know. Douche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love acrid. I'm always looking for a way to use that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I like awesomesauce LOL and I hate hubris =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Craptastic. I love a lot of words that are blended together, although like you, I'm not a huge fan of awesomesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love douche, but I usually shorten it to DB (douche bag) now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomesauce and craptastic have just reminded me of another word I can't stand. Well, it's two words put together. Chillax. *shudders* It's terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love 'craptastic' (also 'craptacular') and 'chortle' and I also hate most of your hate words too. Though, I have to admit I'm a closeted fan of the word 'douche'. And 'awesomesauce' just irks me for some reason. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...I'll admit to douche being a favorite of mine. But so is craptastic, so I guess that balances out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great list! I agree with almost all your choices, though the word awesomesauce makes me grin! I love infinite, serenity, and sapphire. :)

    ReplyDelete