Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The YA Spill (#1)

  

Welcome to my first installment of The YA Spill! You're probably wondering what The YA Spill is, right? 

The YA Spill is going to be a weekly (I hope) meme or sorts where I'll have Q&A with YA book bloggers. As a founding member of a YA book blog, I've had the pleasure of getting to know many bloggers and even though I've stepped back from blogging in that capacity as often, I'm still a huge fan of reading YA book blogs and love hearing the blogger's opinions on the hottest books out there. 

So each week I'll be spotlighting two or three YA book bloggers with a few questions on what they're currently loving and can't wait to read next. If you're a YA book blogger, and you'd like to participate in The YA Spill, please email me at cindythomaswrites (@) gmail (dot) com.

Our first participants in The YA Spill are: 

Amber (Pixie) from Page Turners Blog:

1. What is the most recent book that you've read and loved?  

Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa - Horror is my favorite genre - Julie delivers and then some.  

2. What book recently surprised you?

 Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - I read it a few months ago, but it's the last book I can honestly say surprised me.

3. What types of books do you wish there were more of?

These are hard questions - it seems like there is an abundance of everything- but what I would personally like to see is less of abusive relationships romanticized. Yes we love, the passion that the I could kill you any moment offers but as a parent trying to teach her children what is appropriate in teen dating - it's sending mixed messages. You can have that passion without the guy trying to repeatedly kill you. Look at Adam and Mia (If I Stay/Where She Went) - they have a great passionate romance and love story without all the creepiness. 

4. What book comes out soon that you can't wait to get your hands on?

Ohhhhhh so many, how can I choose? Bitterblue by Kristen Cashore is the first thing that came to mind. I can't wait to see how that trilogy ends. 



Katie from Katie's Book Blog:

1. What is the most recent book that you've read and loved?

The most recent book that I have read and loved was The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa.

2. What book recently surprised you?

A book that recently surprised me was Partials by Dan Wells.

3. What types of books do you wish there were more of?

I wish there were more books with strong heroines. I don't necessarily want it to be in a specific genre, just all throughout YA books.

4. What book comes out soon that you can't wait to get your hands on?

I don't know if this one really counts as soon but I'm dying to get my hands on Insurgent by Veronica Roth!

Thank you so much for joining me today, ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Cindy for featuring us(me really) can't wait to see Stacey's answers. I love that Katie and I gave the same answer to the first question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank you, Amber! I think it's great that you both said THE IMMORTAL RULES, and even funnier, I am currently reading that book myself - and loving it. Julie's pretty brilliant!

    ReplyDelete